VISIT ME ON EBAY

VISIT ME ON EBAY
Click on the pink bedding

Friday, July 24, 2009

Some Pretty Finds

I love buttons, but try not to buy them because I just don't know what to do with all the beautiful buttons I see. BUT, I found this little stack of mother of pearl buttons for $1.00 and I couldn't resist them. I sat them next to some shiny trinkets when I came home and they've been there ever since.


This is a man's Stetson hat. Now you may ask, "Why did you buy that?" My answer is because it was only $0.39! It's in really nice condition and it's a true Stetson with the little bow inside and everything. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but it was such a great buy I couldn't pass it up.

I was with my favorite thrifting buddy Deanna (of Timeless Things) when I found this Homer Laughlen (sp) plate for only $0.39 and of course I can't pass up anything cheap, I mean, thrifty especially if it has a pretty pink rose!


This lovely rose covered soap dish is an I.W. Rice that I found at a thrift store. I don't remember how much it was but I know it was under a couple of dollars. The picture didn't turn out to well, but it's adorable in real life.



Here's another Deanna find. Of course I was with her when I found these adorable little puppies for only $0.99. Deanna is such good luck!! I always find the best bargains when I'm with her.





The two (larger) rose decanters I found at an antique store marked down to $9.95 which I thought wasn't too badly priced considering that they have roses on them! I'm not sure what they were for. Perfume maybe or just pretty decorations? The little salt shaker I found at a flea market for only $1.00. Love it when that happens!
Hope you all have a beautiful and blessed day!
Patricia :o)




11 comments:

seanymph said...

I have one of those bottles in aqua but it has no stopper. I have read that they are French perfume bottles. Ive been looking for a stopper ever since lol.

Alison Gibbs said...

Deanna is definitely your good luck charm. Don't go thrifting with out her
Alison

Unknown said...

Those are some beautiful treasures, I agree! I especially like the easel that the rosey plate is on! Everything is so lovely!

Thank you for entering my giveaway! Good luck to you! :)

Deanna said...

Well sweetie, you found the right home for those mother of pearl buttons! The plate look fabulous and I love the way you have it displayed. Did you take a photo of the inside of the hat? My aunt Alicia loved the story and the fact that it came from Joske's.

Hopefully we can meet up again on Wednesday!


¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Deanna

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Oh you lucky thing! What wonderful finds and such great prices. I have a weakness for buttons! Every things is just lovely. blessings,Kathleen

Rebecca said...

Hi Patricia.
Thank you so much for visiting me today - I enjoyed meeting you.
You are very kind to post such a nice comment.
Your finds are great...love the buttons and the perfume bottles.
Please come and visit anytime and I will do the same
Blessings
Rebecca

Kathleen Grace said...

Great finds! My grandpa used to wear a hat just like that to church:>) I love the bottles too!

Short and Sweet said...

I just happened to stumble upon your blog and I think that it is lovely with so many sweet things. Do you have any table runners with birds as I'm doing a "bird" theme for my daughter's baby shower....it's a girl.

English Cottage in Georgia said...

What a treasure trove you collected! The luck you had...I have not seen prices so low since soda was 10 cents...and certainly not on such pretties.

Bernideen said...

Great treasurers - of course I love anything "OLD"!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I honestly...think I would faint from pure joy if I ever saw birds like that in my yard!
Thank you for your comment on my post.
Balisha is doing wonderfully! She was up walking with the nurse today and talking to her family! I am beside my self with joy! She is a fantastic woman and friend.