VISIT ME ON EBAY

VISIT ME ON EBAY
Click on the pink bedding

Friday, February 27, 2009

Beautiful Crocheted Pillowcases!

Although life is good, it is very challenging and has been taking up much of my time. I haven't really had a chance to make posts the way I'd like, or share my thoughts lately. And with everything that's been going on (nothing bad, just busy), I haven't had time.



The easiest things for me to talk about are linens. And since I've posted a lot of picture of embroidered items, I thought I'd share some beautiful crocheted pillowcases.



This beautiful pair of PC's are hand crocheted AND embroidered. I love it when I'm lucky enough of find something like this. It's very rare, at least for me, to come across a pair of pillowcases that are expertly crocheted in my favorite colors of pink, have great embroidered detailing AND are in excellent condition.

Aren't they beautiful!" Love the pink and white and a touch of green in the embroidery


When I bought these wonderful purple pillowcases, I thought the were a pair. But when I got them home and really looked at them, they aren't exact. One pillowcase is bigger than the other, but you can tell they were made by the same person. Hubby's pillow must have been bigger than the wife's (or vice versa).




The crocheted inserts of pink stand up roses on these pillowcases goes all the way across the bottom edge. Usually it's only a small part of the pillowcase. I like the extra special touch of the yellow centers, too. How cute is that?




Just look at all that work! Sometimes I wish I can do crochet like that...Ok, LOTS of times, I wish I could crochet like that, but the amount of time involved seems daunting to me. I'm so glad there were and are ladies out there willing to do it so that you and I can enjoy their work.
I usually buy pinks, blues and lavenders, but when I saw these gorgeous sunny pillowcases, I had to get them! They're beautifully hand crocheted in such a happy color. I just know they'll be perfect to brightens some ones bedroom. How can they not? They're gorgeous!
Hope you had fun looking at these beautiful pieces of art!
Blessings,
Patricia :o)
These pillowcases will be available for purchase shortly at my eBay store.

23 comments:

rustycupboard said...

I love looking at these. So very pretty and a lot of work.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

How lovely they all look. You are lucky to find such great work in such great condition! Have a great weekend, blessings,Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! I especially like the pink and yellow case. ♥

cottage farm villa said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day! I saw you had a spring party on your other blog!! How fun and a great idea!! Happy Spring to you!

"Create Beauty" said...

So beautiful... there is something about embroidered pillow cases that is so delightful!!! and I always ponder the time and talent that went into those intricate designs. And patience!
Thanks for the touch of beauty this morning! - Violet

Unknown said...

Those pillow cases are beautiful! All the time and work spent on them is amazing to me. I'll bet they each have a story, too.
Thanks for the lovely pics. :)

Judi said...

I never can find anything beautiful like your pillowcases. You have so many beautiful coloured one. I am a sunny pillowcase person. Its a lovely colour also.

thank you for sharing...I'll have to keep my eyes open more..
have a lovely day
Judi

Julie said...

Pieces of Art is exactly right! How beautiful those are!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finds. And, i LOVE the music that's playing. The piano instrumentals are gorgeous. What CD's are they from?

Paula said...

Wow! Those just breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

Such pretty pillowcases, and isn't there a lot of work in them...all the more reason to appreciate the artistry.
Margaret and Noreen

Stephenie said...

You have the most amazing linen. Those pillow cases are just stunning... I just love the pretty details...I found your blog hyperlinking through blogland. What a pretty blog.
Stephenie

Diane Mars said...

I love all the beautiful hand worked pillowcases. My what wonderful linens from the past!
Hugs, Diane

~CC Catherine said...

What gorgeous crocheting detail work. I just got my hook and thread out the other day and created a sachet for my blogging friend from Canada. This inspires me to find some patterns for pillowcases. Thanks for the inspiration! ;) ~CC Catherine from "Catherine de th`e Cups"

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Such beauties! I can never get enough beautiful vintage lines!
Hugs,
Jil

Vintage Sandy said...

These pillowcases are just exquisite how fortunate you are to find them wish I had!!

Anonymous said...

these are absolutely beautiful. Is it possible to find a pattern for these.

Vintage Linen Treasures said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vintage Linen Treasures said...

There are a lot of vintage patterns for both embroidery and crochet on eBay. I'm sure you'll be able to find something similar.
Patricia :o)

Unknown said...

I just made Mother/Daughter aprons out of a pair of crocheted pillowcases--they can out so cute!
http://static.artfire.com/admin/product_images/thumbs/14827_product_881922956_2_thumb_large.jpg

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

These are all gorgeous Patricia!
I'm with you - I cant believe all the patience and time it went into making these pillowcases! Back when there were not the modern conveniences we have today and the ladies still found time to create such pretties!
You found quite the treasures!!!
Hugs and Smiles,
Lynn

Val said...

I hae never seen such beautiful, elaborate crochet work on pillowcases before. I must say that it makes me want to run home and pick up my hook instantly, so I can practice and someday learn to do that! I believe the technique used for the three dimensional flowers is called Irish crochet. I've read about it, but am not yet brave enough to try it on my own. How lovely!

Victoria said...

These are absolutely stunning.