VISIT ME ON EBAY

VISIT ME ON EBAY
Click on the pink bedding

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Shabby to French

 I think I am slowly growing out of my "shabby" phase.  Although I'm still very much attracted to white fixtures dripping with shining crystals. But my current house doesn't seem to support that kind of thing.
 When I first found these two scones (many years ago) they were an ugly silver mat or aluminum color. I spray painted them white, but it was too white so I dry brushed and smeared brown paint into them. Added two very inexpensive shades and called them shabby.
 But they didn't work in my new house. So I found even cheaper light shades and painted them an oil bronzed brown and added  the new shades.

 At first I added the crystals back on them, but I didn't like it (Gasp!! ME not liking crystals? Weird.)
I think I should probably pain the candle sleeve an antique white, but I don't have that color in my house and never remember to get it while I'm out. So, They'll probably stay white.

They were in my bedroom on either side of my mirror. I've moved them to the window bench in my breakfast nook, but I'm not sure if they'll stay there.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love French Country.. not as shabby as shabby chic.. and not as formal as just French.

I agree - the crystals were too much after you redesigned your fixtures.

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.