VISIT ME ON EBAY

VISIT ME ON EBAY
Click on the pink bedding

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bastrop, TX - Part 1

I've been gone from blogging for a long time. But I have a great reason. I've been traveling; some for pleasure, and lots for business. Before I went on an out of state shopping trip, Mr. VLT and I took a couple of days off to explore a cute little town North East of us. We stayed at a B&B (more on that next post) in the sweet little town of Bastrop. Weird name, but the nicest people you could ever meet!!



There's lots to rave about Bastrop, but the thing that we really enjoyed was driving through the old district and looking at all the old houses. There were so many!!









I took at least 30 pictures of different houses. All of the houses were beautiful, all were wonderfully maintained, and I could have easily lived in any of them.
But in an effort to keep this post short, I narrowed it down to the 8 best photographs. I had a lot of trouble with the angle of the sun, power lines, telephone poles and mostly, the landscaping!

Most of the houses are landscaped with very old trees that got in the way of photographing. They looked marvelous to the naked eye, but I just couldn't capture the beauty and grander of the old houses through the trees.

I don't know the styles or histories of any of these homes, so they're displayed here as eye candy. Talk about "Yum!" Check out that curved porch!!


This is one of my favorite homes. It's hard to see the details in the outdoor decorations, but there are white rocking chairs on the porch, a wreath on the white picket fence, flags on the post. It's just gorgeous!


This one was for sale. I don't remember the exact price, but it was around $495,000 or something like that. A little out of my reach at the moment, but maybe some day...


I love the clean lines of this one. And check out that lawn! I would never have thought there could be so much green in Texas (until I moved here, of course).



I'll share photos of the B&B we stayed at in the next post.
Patricia :o)






13 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I have missed you!!! What beautiful homes. Some of my Mother's relatives were from Bastrop. Glad you have been having fun traveling. My friend and I went thrifting this week and to a huge flea market, but linens were in short supply. We did get some great milk glass. Love & blessings from NC!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Those homes are so dreamy!!! I would pick the white one with the curved porch as my first choice and my second choice would be that cute yellow one!
Michelle
p.s. I'm enjoying the pretty music on your blog!

Warm Hugs Design said...

Patricia, thanks for sharing the lovely homes. I can imagine sipping ice tea out on the porch. Ah..............

Warm hugs,
Pam

Pamela Kellogg said...

Hello there! And thank you for the lovely comments you left on my Pat Winter Guest Blogger post. Yes, her work is amazing! I adore crazyquilting and she is one of my favorite artists!

I love your blog too! I adore vintage linens and I actually collect the vintage embroidery transfer patterns that many of the vintage linens have been stitched from!

Alison Gibbs said...

What beautiful homes and the gardens are all so well maintained.
Alison

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Very pretty homes! I love to drive through small towns and see the lovely old homes and what people have done to make it even better! ~Hugs, Patti

Sandi said...

Beautiful houses Patricia!! It reminds me of my Marshall , Michigan post. I took my pictures sitting in a carriage drawn by horses and a some of my photos were crooked! Thank God for editing programs to straighten them out! HA! Thanks for sharing these gems!
Blessings~

Val said...

Lovely houses! I would say that they were built between about 1880 and 1915 or 1920. In general, more gingerbread and more curves is earlier, and more angles tends to be later. If there's one that you're particularly curious about, let me know and I'll tell you what I know about the style and the era.
Thanks for sharing....I wouldn't mind if you posted all 30!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Patricia ~
Those are such beautiful
homes !!
I could move into any one
of those and be thrilled ~
Thank you for
sharing your pictures with us ~

xoxo
Lori

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

I too could live in any of those homes. The one with the white fence looked so inviting. I would love to sip lemonade while stitching on the porch any day.
Love your linens and blog.
Smiles,
Pat

pbrenner said...

I have just moved back to Texas (Blanco) after being in exile (lol) for 23 years. One of the things I love the most is how many beautiful little towns there are around here within an easy day's drive. I'll have to check out Bastrop now, too ... I assume you have seen the King William area of San Antonio? It was always one of my favorite areas of town :-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful Homes! It's hard to choose a favorite! I miss you! A little birdie told me you came out this way, sorry we missed you :(
xoxo
Judy

Susan said...

I love all those beautiful homes. I could live in any of them and be pleasantly happy the rest of my life.